MamaWise Lactation Education & Consulting and Bywater Birth present:
Nourish & Nurture: Breastfeeding Simplified
Have you ever wondered, “What’s the big deal with breastfeeding?” Some people think that it’s a natural process and therefore should come easily. Others have heard from friends and family how horrifically difficult it can be. Who’s right? We’ll spell it all out and let you come to your own conclusions. Expectant mamas and their partners won’t want to miss this essential and comprehensive breastfeeding class. A small group size allows a variety of learning experiences. Topics include: the components of breastmilk, breastfeeding management, practical tips for getting things off to a good start, sleep issues, keeping partners involved, positioning and latch and much more.
In this 3-hour class for expectant mamas and their partners we’ll cover:
- What’s in breastmilk anyway?
- How does my body make this stuff?
- Why is it “best for baby”?
- How does the baby latch on?
- Nuts and Bolts of breastfeeding – When will I sleep? How will I go back to work? What can my partner do to bond with the baby? How will I know the baby is getting enough milk? What happens right after the baby is born?
- Myth Busters – I’ve heard all kinds of things about breastfeeding – what’s true and what’s not?
- Role Plays – How do I talk to my family and friends about breastfeeding?
A variety of teaching techniques are utilized so that the information you hear will be easily retained. You will also have opportunities to practice conversations with your partner about breastfeeding. Visual aids and video clips of babies and mothers nursing together will help you get a feel for what breastfeeding looks like.
Class meets at
SuNu Wellness Center,
12455 Ridgedale Dr.
Suite #203, Minnetonka
Friday, December 13, 6:30-9:30pm
Class is $50/couple.
Click here to register or call 952-388-9887.
***Participants in the prenatal breastfeeding class SAVE 25% off a postnatal home visit.***
Prenatal breastfeeding classes can also be offered in the comfort of your own home. In home classes are $75 for a 3-hour class. You may include expectant friends, neighbors or relatives at no additional charge.